MENU

Riverdale Review

The+cast+of+the+show+Riverdale+
The cast of the show Riverdale

The cast of the show Riverdale

The cast of the show Riverdale

Niki D. '20, Writer

If you like suspenseful high school murder mysteries with an extremely good looking cast then Riverdale is the show to watch. Riverdale is based on the Archie Comics, written by Bob Montana and John L.  Goldwater, but with a subversive twist. Set in the fictional town of Riverdale, the show explores Archie, his friends, and how they navigate as they are caught between the murder of Jason Blossom. This murder mystery with a side of romance introduces KJ Apa, who plays Archie, Camila Mendes, the cast of Veronica Lodge,  Madelaine Petsch, the actress of Cheryl Blossom, but also familiar actors to the public eye like Cole Sprouse, who plays Jughead Jones and Lili Reinhart, who plays Betty Cooper. Director Sean Patrick  O’Reilly, starts the show off by Jughead, Cole Sprouse, filling the viewers in on the death of Jason Blossom.  Throughout each episode, a critical topic is discussed. For example, slut shaming and even white privilege.

Riverdale, I believe, is a show that will have you at the edge of your seat and wanting more. The only thing I dislike about the show is how unrealistic the cast is. The cast is supposed to be only in their sophomore year of high school, but yet the look like twenty-year-old models. The show does not give a clear picture of what an average sophomore in high school looks like. Overall, the show is really captivating and the acting is great making the show feel more realistic. Throughout the show, I would say I liked the majority of the characters. With Archie’s good looks, Josie and Jugheads utter sarcasm and Betty and Veronica’s friendship, I fell in love with each character. With all these amazing elements that make the show unique and amazing, there is no denying that Riverdale will be the next big hit of Hollywood!

Work Cited

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/riverdale/261541/riverdale-review-spoiler-free

• Riverdale Review

iPhone X

• Riverdale Review

Which Padua Teacher Are You?

• Riverdale Review

Top Halloween Trends of 2017

• Riverdale Review

Walker Stalker

• Riverdale Review

Fall Fashion Guide

• Riverdale Review

The Fall of The iPhone?

• Riverdale Review

Oh Wonder

• Riverdale Review

Crayola Retiring Dandelion

• Riverdale Review

April the Giraffe

• Riverdale Review

Band Assembly