Crayola Retiring Dandelion

A picture of the promotional box for the retirement of dandelion.

Frank Heygi

Frank Heygi

Shannon M. '19, Reporter

After twenty-seven years, the yellowish color, dandelion, will no longer be included within the Crayola 24 pack of crayons. Word of this retirement and replacement was unintentionally released by one customer, Frank Heygi, who found the box at his local Target and tweeted a picture of the new 120 pack box with a promotional sticker on it saying, “Dandelion is retiring! Get it NOW!”, with the caption, “Bye-Bye Dandelion. I never thought you were a weed. Hasn’t Target ever heard of a #SpoilerAlert!”. The news officially broke on March 30th when Crayola tweeted, “Our beloved Dandelion decided to announce its retirement early!” on National Crayon Day. This is the first time a color has been removed from the box of 24, and some people are taking it hard. Mark Bieri, a manager at DaVinci Artist Supply, said, “I remember having a large box of colors like this as a kid. When you open that box, it has that nostalgic smell.” For many people in the world, coloring was a large part of their childhood. Having Crayola take away one of their crayons is, in a sense for some people, taking away a part of their childhood. However, Crayola is planning to introduce a new color to take dandelion’s place. It will be part of the blue family. Crayola is also inviting fans to send in names for the new color of the 24 pack. The name for the new blue color will be announced in May.

For more information visit :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4369728/Crayola-retires-dandelion-yellow-iconic-box.html

Shannon M. '19, Staff

Shannon M. ‘19 is sophomore at Padua and the school newspaper is the number one thing on her mind during the course of this year. Her goal is improving and developing a better newsite by interviewing, writing stories, and articles about people to include in our current and improved paper. Her hobbies include soccer and cross country, she looks very highly up to the upperclassmen on the cross country team. Trying to get further in life motivates her the most. In ten years she hopes to be out of college and pursuing her dream career as a physical therapist. Her strengths in school are writing and language, although she needs to improve on procrastination in school. She also says that studying and vocabulary come very easy to her and that’s also a very strong quality. Shannon’s personality really shines when you ask her what her favorite types of music are and what her dream outfit is. “Believe it or not my favorite types of music are country and rap. Some people might think that’s a weird combination, but I just love it.” Her favorite outfit is a T-shirt, running shorts and flipflops. Shannon hopes to join Blue-Gold at Padua and wants to become class officer. Even though speaking in front of large crowds isn’t her strongest skill, she is still very confident even when she’s not speaking to crowds.Her favorite color is teal and her favorite animals are dogs, since she “dog sits” on a regular basis. She knows alot about dogs a

• Crayola Retiring Dandelion

Fall Festivities

• Crayola Retiring Dandelion

Inside Scoop on Fashion Week 2018

• Crayola Retiring Dandelion

Healthy Summer Food Hotspots

• Crayola Retiring Dandelion

AP Study Day

• Crayola Retiring Dandelion

History of Blue Gold

• Crayola Retiring Dandelion

Art of the Zoo

• A&E

The Philly Zoo Experience

• Crayola Retiring Dandelion

Snapchat Fans Responding Very Strongly to the Most Recent Update

• Crayola Retiring Dandelion

This Is Us: THE BIG REVEAL

• Crayola Retiring Dandelion

SALSthon 2018 partnership with CHILD Inc.

Crayola Retiring Dandelion