Paige Kenton: Athlete Profile

Stella W. '19, Writer

When it comes to athletics, Padua has many students who take sports very seriously. Paige Kenton, a sophomore, is one of those students. Along with her impressive academic record, Paige plays both basketball and soccer for Padua, and has done so since her freshman year. “I like both sports,” she says, “but I think I prefer soccer.”

Padua is known for having team spirit, clearly demonstrated in Paige’s experiences. “I like playing sports because you get to be part of a team and meet new people,” she says. She also expresses how enjoyable it is to travel with her team, saying, “It was a great team-building event,” as she recalls how the basketball team got to stay overnight in Washington, D. C. this year.

Along with presenting a chance to demonstrate physical capabilities, playing a sport successfully can make players feel more confident and proud of their achievements. “I remember scoring my first goal in a varsity soccer match,” says Paige. “It was really fun and the team congratulated me. It is definitely something I won’t forget.”

Of course, joining a sport is no easy task. Students must balance a taxing academic schedule and regular practices, which can be a challenge for many. Paige, however, is no stranger to pressure, and manages her time by using flex to do homework or getting a snack so she has the energy she needs to get through the whole day. “The only thing I dislike sometimes,” she says, “is when we have a really hard practice or conditioning.” Despite their exhausting nature, Paige concedes that these practices are helpful during the season.

When asked whether she would like to continue her athletic career beyond Padua, Paige responds, “I think I might continue to play in college just for fun.” Whether or not she decides to pursue sports in college, Paige is undoubtedly an athlete for life.

Stella W. '19, Editor-in-Chief

Stella White is a senior at Padua Academy. Born in Delaware, with a wonderful British accent, Stella has spent a lot of her life growing up in England.

She is an only child but has a beautiful standard poodle, who is just like a sister to her. Stella’s mom is American and her dad is English. She went to NCCL for her elementary and middle school.

Due to her parents’ jobs, Stella has been to 37 different countries! Her parents are professors and researchers and she always goes with them on their travels. Stella would like to go to South America and Mongolia.

Here at Padua, Stella is taking 3 AP classes. Her favorite subject is history. Stella wants to go to England for college and would major in history and international relations. “I love learning about the world and hearing people’s stories,” she says.

• People

Sara Spoltore: A Dancer with Spirit

• Paige Kenton: Athlete Profile

Members of the Padua Dance Team Share Their Experiences

• Paige Kenton: Athlete Profile

Ms. Julian a New Teacher

• Paige Kenton: Athlete Profile

Meg Doyle: A Voice For the Students

• Paige Kenton: Athlete Profile

Padua Community Gathers to Remember Father Nicholas Waseline

• A&E

The Philly Zoo Experience

• Paige Kenton: Athlete Profile

Marina Riese: Educator and Animal Lover

• Paige Kenton: Athlete Profile

Behind the Lens at the Philly Zoo: Photographer Profile

• Paige Kenton: Athlete Profile

Student Profile – Erin Callaghan

• Paige Kenton: Athlete Profile

Athlete Profile: Lauren Mottel

Paige Kenton: Athlete Profile