Haunted Attractions

The+Eastern+State+Penitentiary+during+the+day+before+it+becomes+Terror+Behind+the+Walls.+
The Eastern State Penitentiary during the day before it becomes Terror Behind the Walls.

Thom Carroll/PhillyVoice

Thom Carroll/PhillyVoice

Alyssa B. '21, Writer

October. Fall. Pumpkins. Lattes. Halloween. October is the official start to the fall season and Halloween season. Included in the Halloween season are Haunted houses, haunted hayrides, and haunted corn fields.  In Delaware and Pennsylvania, popular attractions include Terror Behind the Walls, Frightland and the Bates Motel, Haunted Hayride and Revenge of the Scarecrows Haunted Trail.

Terror Behind the Walls, in Pennsylvania,  is a ten acre abandoned prison, The Eastern State Penitentiary, that has been turned into a haunted house. The actors try their best to terrify guests. While walking through the prison, actors can send the guests through hidden passageways, grab them, take them from the  group, and occasionally incorporate them into the show. It takes about forty-five minutes to walk through all six attractions. Prices for this scary event vary from $19 – $45 per person. Every Sunday night after 7:30 pm, students of all ages can purchase tickets for half price. Terror Behind the Walls is ranked in the top haunted attractions in America.

A Delaware favorite, Frightland,  is located directly off of route 13 in Middletown. Frightland has eight haunted attractions, including  four indoor haunted houses, an amusement park, and a two mile haunted Hayride. It takes about two hours to complete all the haunted attractions. The FrightPass prices vary based on the number of attractions that guests want to experience. All eight haunted attractions, is $40 per person. To experience the first four attractions – Horror Hayride, Ravenwood Cemetery, Fear, and Zombie Town – the cost is $25 per person. To experience the other four – Zombie Prison, Haunted Barn, Idalia Manor, and the attic – it costs $25 per person.  Frightland is celebrating its 21st anniversary of scaring and entertaining their guests.

The Bates Motel, The Haunted Hayride and Revenge of the Scarecrows Haunted Trail are  haunted attractions located in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania. The Haunted Hayride is at Arasapha Farm, just outside Philadelphia. The Hayride takes about twenty-five minutes and goes through the forest of Arasapha Farm. It has over 75 actors and 25 different scenes. The Haunted Hayride tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for children. The Bates Motel also located in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania. The Bates Motel has a huge display and includes new props every year. The Bates Motel tickets are $15 per person.

The last haunted attraction near the Haunted Hayride and the Bates Motel is Revenge of the Scarecrows Haunted Trail. The trail is through a corn field filled with over 30 actors, monsters, and much more. The Haunted Trail tickets cost $15 per person. Children under the age of 8 are not recommended to go to the Bates Motel. The Bates Motel, The Haunted Hayride and Revenge of the Scarecrows Haunted Trail have been rated Number 1 Haunted Attractions in America by Hauntworld Magazine, USA Today and  other publications across the United States. Halloween season is officially here. If you want to be scared, go to these haunted attractions and get terrified.

Alyssa B. '21, Reporter

What grade are you in?

I’m a freshman at Padua.

What is your favorite food?

My favorite food is pancakes.

Favorite music?

My favorite...

• Haunted Attractions

Student News

Do Students Get Enough Sleep?

• Haunted Attractions

Focusing on Freshmen in Marching Band

• Haunted Attractions

Padua Academy A-Z

Padua Students Celebrate the Spooky Season

• Haunted Attractions

Freshmen Review of Halloweek

• Haunted Attractions

What were you for Halloween?

• Student News

Service Opportunities to Consider for Your Next Visit

• Haunted Attractions

Student News

Padua: 1961 is not so different than 2018

• Haunted Attractions

Student News

Easing Back into School

• Haunted Attractions

Spirituality & Service

A Closer Look Into the New Chapel

• Haunted Attractions

Student News

Many Pieces at Peace

Haunted Attractions