MENU

The Big Apple

Times+Square
Times Square

Times Square

Oto Godfrey

Oto Godfrey

Times Square

Olivia B. '21, reporter

The fifth most visited place in the world is New York City.  With many interesting tourist attractions. New York City has 60 million tourists annually. One of the most popular places to go while in New York City, is Times Square. Times Square has tall skyscrapers, designer stores, theaters, LED lights that make the whole street glow, and countless places to eat. Jennifer says “There was so much stuff to look at.” Many tourists spend two to three days here just so they can experience everything in the twelve block radius. A boy named Michael from Minneapolis visited Times Square and fell in love everything about it. He said “I want to live here.” Many people from around the world have this same reaction when seeing these bright city lights.

Another  commonly visited attraction in New York City is the Statue of Liberty. This statue is one 0f the tallest in the world, standing at 152 feet tall from the base to the torch, and weighing approximately 450,000 pounds. Visitors can walk around the base, or with advanced reservations, go up to the crown. One reason that this is so popular, isn’t just because of the statue, but also because visitors can go to Ellis Island and the Immigration Museum on the same ferry, located where thousands of immigrants were processed before entering the United States. Many of the displays focus on the process, the experiences, and the stories of the people who came through there on their journey to the United States.

New York City is home incredible buildings, cultures, and attractions which explanations why over 60 million people visit a year.

• The Big Apple

Top Stories

Best Stocking Stuffers

• The Big Apple

Candy Gram Sales

• The Big Apple

Opinion/Review

Padua Students’ Favorite Christmas Movies

• The Big Apple

Opinion/Review

No Further Explanation; Just Reputation

• A&E

Fall Fashion ’17

• The Big Apple

What Will You Give This Holiday Season?

• The Big Apple

Student News

Black Friday vs Small Business Saturday

• The Big Apple

Top Stories

The Push for Specialized Jobs in High School

• Top Stories

Kids Table Tales

• The Big Apple

Student News

Cyber Monday