Padua Students’ Favorite Christmas Movies

Christmas is almost here and Padua has been buzzing about the holiday season. Everyone hates rushing around, trying to get their last minute gifts, but can also agree that sitting down to watch Christmas movies is a favorite tradition. Whether the movie is an old classic or a new Hallmark romance, these movies hold a special place in the hearts of many. Some Padua students have come together, to make a list of their favorite movies to watch during the holidays (and highly recommend to anyone looking for a little more Christmas cheer).

The Santa Clause

Dani F. '18, Reporter

Junior Audrey Jamieson chose The Santa Clause as her favorite movie, saying, “This is my favorite because Tim Allen. I love Tim Allen.” Scott Calvin (Tim Allen), a divorced father, has a struggling relationship with his six year old son. Their relationship soon changes when Scott accidentally scares Santa off of the roof of his house, which ultimately results in his death. Scott, who then p...

The Year Without a Santa Claus

Dani F. '18, Reporter

Freshman Abby Freebery confidently chose The Year Without a Santa Claus as her favorite Christmas movie. She says, “I love Heatmiser and Snowmiser; it’s so different than normal Christmas movies and I just love all of the different animations that it has.” When Santa begins to feel forgotten by the world, he decides that he needs a vacation during Christmas, but Mrs. Claus and the elves step...

Elf

Dani F. '18, Reporter

Senior Allison Farrell chose Elf, one of the most popular Christmas movies over the past few years, as her favorite movie. She says, “Elf is probably my favorite Christmas movie because it really spreads the Christmas spirit; the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” Thirty years ago, Buddy (Will Ferrell), an orphan, crawled into Santa’s sack and headed to the Nort...

A Christmas Story

Dani F. '18, Reporter

Sophomore Gina Rufo chose A Christmas Story as her favorite Christmas movie, saying, “It’s a classic. I don’t know have a specific reason why it’s my favorite, I just really like it.” Ralphie Parker (Peter Billingsley) only wants one thing for Christmas: a Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle. Everyone says no to him, including the Santa at a department store, each pe...

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Dani F. '18, Reporter

Senior Lauren Pala chose more of an old-school, classic Christmas movie as her favorite, picking Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. She says, “I like the feeling of Christmas that it brings when you watch it and I love the old-school animations. It’s cute because the camera doesn’t work that well.” The movie starts with Sam the Snowman welcoming viewers to the North Pole and Mrs. Claus telli...

Home Alone

Dani F. '18, Reporter

Senior Lily Moon chose Home Alone as her favorite Christmas movie, saying, “It’s really funny and cute. Macaulay Culkin was also such a cute little kid so I love it.” After a fight with his family, Kevin (Macaulay Culkin) gets sent to his room on the third floor, away from everyone else. A storm erupts and causes a power outage in the house, causing chaos the next morning while the family was...

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Dani F. '18, Reporter

Senior Amber Owens chose How the Grinch Stole Christmas, another classic Christmas movie as her favorite, saying, “I like how it takes place in a little town. I really enjoy the storyline and the actors play each character so perfectly.” Living on a secluded cliff in the outskirts of Whoville, the Grinch is against everything having to do with Christmas. In the town below the cliff, Christmas coul...

Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas

Dani F. '18, Reporter

Senior Annmarie Twum-Danso chose kid-favorite Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas as her favorite, saying, “I love this movie because it’s very heartwarming and it’s so cute. I watched it all the time as a child and it never gets old.” Before anyone gets to their house on Christmas morning, Huey, Louie, and Dewey open their presents and take their new sleds from Uncle Donald out to play without...

The Polar Express

Dani F. '18, Reporter

Senior Elena Shields chose another classic Christmas movie as her favorite, saying that The Polar Express has always had a special place in her heart. She says, “I love to sit and watch and be cozy with my hot chocolate while listening to HOT HOT HOT ChoCOALTET!” A boy that begins to question if Santa really exists is shocked when a magical train -- The Polar Express -- pulls up into his...

Unaccompanied Minors

Dani F. '18, Reporter

Senior Julianna Cann chose Unaccompanied Minors, a more unique movie, as her favorite. She says, “It’s such an unconventional movie, which makes it great. The kids are so good and it’s not just your typical Santa movie; they’re just kids trying to get through the holidays and make friends along the way.” The children of divorced parents are flying to see their dad for the holidays -- a...

Padua 360 • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in