MENU

Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Paige P., Reporter

The Miss Teen Beauty Pageant is an annual beauty pageant that focuses on providing an opportunity for young women to better themselves. Contestants gain self awareness, self confidence, individual pride, and greater social awareness. For this year’s Miss Delaware Teen USA Melissa King was originally crowned the winner of this title. However, on February 26, she resigned from this title after accusations of inappropriate behavior. Hailey Lawler, a senior at Padua Academy, was the runner up and now holds  the title of Miss Delaware Teen 2013. Hailey is a very involved student at Padua. She is the captain of the soccer team and a co-editor of the school’s online newspaper. Hailey maintains the balance between her grades, work, sports, and social life.

Hailey plans to attend St. Joseph’s University in the fall to pursue a career in Elementary Education. With her title, Hailey plans on helping to raise more awareness for the Best Buddies of Delaware and the Special Olympics. She plans on attending many of their events to show her support for these causes. She also wants to set an example and be a role model for others.  Hailey stated, “I want to be someone that girl’s of any age can look up to and also relate to.”

With her title Hailey is also preparing for the Miss Teen USA pageant taking place on August 10, 2013, at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. She is now juggling school, soccer, special appearances, photo shoots, and giving back to my community. “My goal for this pageant is to just stay true to myself and work hard to represent Delaware in the best way possible,” said when asked what her goals for the upcoming pageant were. Hailey will have this title until the end of November. Then a new Miss Delaware Teen USA will be crowned. Until then Hailey will work on giving back to her community, helping support various charity events, making guest appearances, attending photo shoots, soccer, and college in the fall.

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Pacific Daydream – Weezer

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Opinion/Review

No Further Explanation; Just Reputation

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

What Will You Give This Holiday Season?

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

The Meaning Behind Veterans Day

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

New Teacher Profile: Ms. Gaynor

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Teacher Profile: Mr. Cross

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

New Teacher Profile: Dr. Bozanic

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Cyber Day

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Open House

• People

Big Sister Little Sister at Padua