MENU

Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Paige P., Reporter

The Miss Teen Beauty Pageant is an annual beauty pageant that focuses on providing an opportunity for young women to better themselves. Contestants gain self awareness, self confidence, individual pride, and greater social awareness. For this year’s Miss Delaware Teen USA Melissa King was originally crowned the winner of this title. However, on February 26, she resigned from this title after accusations of inappropriate behavior. Hailey Lawler, a senior at Padua Academy, was the runner up and now holds  the title of Miss Delaware Teen 2013. Hailey is a very involved student at Padua. She is the captain of the soccer team and a co-editor of the school’s online newspaper. Hailey maintains the balance between her grades, work, sports, and social life.

Hailey plans to attend St. Joseph’s University in the fall to pursue a career in Elementary Education. With her title, Hailey plans on helping to raise more awareness for the Best Buddies of Delaware and the Special Olympics. She plans on attending many of their events to show her support for these causes. She also wants to set an example and be a role model for others.  Hailey stated, “I want to be someone that girl’s of any age can look up to and also relate to.”

With her title Hailey is also preparing for the Miss Teen USA pageant taking place on August 10, 2013, at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. She is now juggling school, soccer, special appearances, photo shoots, and giving back to my community. “My goal for this pageant is to just stay true to myself and work hard to represent Delaware in the best way possible,” said when asked what her goals for the upcoming pageant were. Hailey will have this title until the end of November. Then a new Miss Delaware Teen USA will be crowned. Until then Hailey will work on giving back to her community, helping support various charity events, making guest appearances, attending photo shoots, soccer, and college in the fall.

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

How to Help Victims of Recent Harmful Hurricanes

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

An Interview with Rosa

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

2017 Closing Liturgy

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

The New Executive Officers for Next Year

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Big Sister Little Sister Legacy Ceremony

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Padua Academy A-Z

Ms. Wallen: A Profile of Theology and Traditions

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Preparing For Prom

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Padua Academy A-Z

Olivia: A Profile of Song and Success

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

Padua Academy A-Z

Madrigals: Padua’s Merry Music Makers

• Miss Delaware Teen 2013

The Life of Seniors: College Acceptances