Mrs. Manelski’s APS Group after their presentation at the APS Assembly. Photo via @PaduaStuCo on Twitter.

First Annual APS Padua Project

Over the course of the past few months, APS groups have been coming up with ideas that will help improve the school community at Padua Academy. The top five project ideas were selected by a committee of judges, which were then presented to the entire school on Thursday, May 10 at the first annual APS Padua Project Assembly. The presented projects were:

• Extreme Makeover: Padua Bathroom Edition (Ms. Scarpone & Mrs. Alinda’s Group)
  • Panda Patio (Dr. Bozanic’s Group)
  • Padua Parking App (Mrs. Brown’s Group)
  • Padua Pedometer Challenge (Mrs. G’s Group)
  • Bye, Bye Bottle! (Mrs. Manelski’s Group)

Mr. Sheehan, the APS founder, was thrilled to bring this project to light and get the Padua community excited to participate in something that has a direct impact on their daily lives. As promotion for the project, Mr. Sheehan put together a video of his “Shark Tank pitch,” where he edited scenes from the show to help “sell” this idea to the Padua student body. Each APS group was then given a list of instructions and tips to follow when coming up with their ideas. Mr. Sheehan mentions that he was extremely impressed with the student body in being able to identify problems and come up with solutions to those problems found within the walls of Padua. One of his main goals as an educator is to let student voices be heard. He emphasizes the power of student voices and notes, “I give tons of credit to the students and their APS advocates for coming up with so many wonderful proposals.”

The winning project was Dr. Bozanic’s APS Group with the Panda Patio. Click on the links below to see this idea, along with each of the other projects, more in-depth.

Extreme Makeover: Padua Bathroom Edition
Padua Parking App
Padua Pedometer Challenge
Bye, Bye Bottle!
Panda Patio

Padua 360 • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in