MENU

Big Win for Freshman Volleyball

Freshman Volleyball Team

Freshman Volleyball Team

Mr. Beno

Mr. Beno

Freshman Volleyball Team

Clare M. '20, Writer

Fall sports have finally started here at Padua Academy. PAVB is starting their season out with many wins. The freshman team went against St.Mark’s on Friday, September 16, 2016 at Padua. They came back to school with a win for their team.  The team came together and won both of the games, with a final score of 25-17 and 25-18.

Their season started out with warm-ups with the help from the Varsity and Junior Varsity teams. As the team lined up on the court you could see the excitement and nerves on their faces as they were eager to win. The starting line up was Kelsey P (#6), Jackie B (#16), Judi M (#29), Maddi C (#37), Maria S (#18) and Marina P (#39) with Nicole O (#30) and Caitlyn A (#40) subbing in. The season started out with a serve from St.Mark’s, but after two points, Jackie B went back to the serving line and just killed it. Jackie said “I was really excited to start our season with a killer serve. Each game will be different and we just have to be ready to fight.” After they started to gain points the nerves disappeared and they seemed even more confident. St. Mark’s called their first timeout early in the game and tried to throw off Padua. St. Marks then went on a serving streak which brought the score a lot closer.

As the second game started a whole new line up was on the court. They were ready to finish what they started. The second line up was Laura C (#17), Robin L (#8), Nicole O (#30), Shannon N (#21), Sienna V (#15) and Clare M (#22) with Tess M (#20) and Tara F (#31) subbing in. Padua started off with a serve by Laura C.  The game ended with loud cheers from the crowd and the players. As the team ran to high five the other team the JV and Varsity team also lined up to congratulate them. Maddi C (#37) says “I was proud of our team and I’m happy that we won our first game.”

• Sports

#TakeAKnee

• Big Win for Freshman Volleyball

Photo Gallery

Padua Soccer Tennessee Trip

• Big Win for Freshman Volleyball

Sports

Spring Into Action

• Sports

What is it like to be an Athlete at Padua?

• Big Win for Freshman Volleyball

Sports

Chicago Cubs win World Series over Cleveland Indians

• Big Win for Freshman Volleyball

Sports

You Just Got Served: Padua Pandas win against rivals, Ursuline Raiders

• Big Win for Freshman Volleyball

Sports

Arnold Palmer’s Death

• Big Win for Freshman Volleyball

Sports

White Clay Creek Classic

• Big Win for Freshman Volleyball

Sports

Padua Volleyball Players Heading to Indianapolis for National Championship

• Big Win for Freshman Volleyball

Sports

Padua Pandas: Take the Field