Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz

Oliva+Sheetz
Oliva Sheetz

Oliva Sheetz

Oliva Sheetz

Mackenzie S. '22, Reporter

Name: Olivia Sheets

Team: JV Cross Country

When did you start running cross country: Olivia’s First year running cross country was in 7th grade at St. Ann’s school.

Do you plan to play in college: No, because she wants to be a nurse and it would take up a lot of time to do both. And Olivia wants to focus on her school work. But she will still run for fun just not for a college team.

Why did you start running cross country: I ran track in 3rd grade, but never thought I would do cross country.Volleyball and cross country were the only two fall sports for St. Ann’s and volleyball was not a sport that interested Olivia and cross country was her only other choice.

What motivates you to compete: “My team, and showing my coach that hard work pays off.”

Do you have anyone who inspires you: “My teammates and my family because my mom was a runner so she helps me. She inspired me to run because she was the track coach and always said I could run longer which was one of the reasons I started cross country.

What was your favorite moment/memory while running: Traveling with the team is fun because we sing on the bus rides and bond. My favorite meet is Carlisle because we stay in a hotel, have a team dinner and just have a good time! all the different locations they go for the meets.

Mackenzie S. '22, Reporter

Mackenzie, a freshman at Padua, is ready to run this new school year until the finish line. When Mackenzie witnessed the sisterhood and the love Mrs. Mann had for all her girls she immediately fell in love. She chose to attend Padua because of the amazing XC team and is currently on the team and enjoys every second of it.

She has been running for most of her life. At her old school, Holy Cross, she was the only runner on her XC team. Now that she has experienced being on Padua XC, she loves having the team to motivate her and test her ability. She plans on running both indoor and spring track as well. Mackenzie has set many goals for herself while on the team and is determined to accomplish them by the end of the XC season.

Mackenzie, describing herself as adventurous, says she hopes to go to Greece one day because her favorite movie, Mamma Mia, was based there. She also spends a lot of time at the beach. In her free time she loves to hang out with her friends and is excited to make many more during her years at Padua. She takes a variety of classes this year, ranging from World Civilizations, her favorite, to math, her least. Additionally, she likes journalism and took the class because she likes reading the fun news stories on Snapchat, and when she shadowed, her student ambassador took the class and she wanted to try it out. Although freshman year is harder than she expected, she is still excited to see what the year brings and is looking forward to the XC season, achieving her goals, and ending the season on a good run.

• Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz

Members of the Padua Dance Team Share Their Experiences

• Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz

Sports

Katelyn Ham ‘19

• Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz

Sports

Katherine Hally ‘19

• Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz

Sports

Summer Gearhart ‘20

• Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz

Sports

Brooke Burns ‘21

• Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz

Sports

Fall Athlete Profiles

• Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz

Sports

Padua vs. Archmere Field Hockey Big Win

• Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz

Photo Gallery

Soccer Senior Night

• Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz

Sports

Crew: An Inside Look

• Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz

Sports

Jackie Knotts: Athlete Profile

Athlete Profile: Olivia Sheetz