Tree Trim

A picture of the beautiful finished Christmas tree. It contains many unique ornaments created by homeroom representatives. There are also a variety of different presents under the tree.

Student Council

Student Council

Olivia B. '21, reporter

The Tree Trim assembly is an annual Christmas tradition at Padua Academy, taking place this year on December 4th. During Tree Trim each homeroom representative puts a homemade  ornament on the Christmas tree, while the rest of the school sings Christmas Carols to get into the Christmas spirit. The tree is located in the corner of the Cafeteria, reaching about 15 feet high.

The Freshman class had not yet experienced their Tree Trim so they didn’t know what to expect. When they arrived at the doors of the Cafeteria they instantly gazed up at the hundreds of blue balloons hanging from the ceiling. They also noticed the choir singing Christmas songs softly on the stage. When everyone was seated in their section Student Council began the assembly with prayer. After prayer the choir sang “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.” A memorable aspect of the assembly for many freshman was singing as an entire school and seeing the ornaments from each homeroom. The variety of songs made it very enjoyable,” Freshman Jennifer Cardamone said. “Going into Tree Trim I didn’t know what to expect, but once it was over,  I thought it was very exciting and different.”

Overall, being together as a whole school and getting in the Christmas spirit was something new and exciting to experience, that the freshman class is looking forward to experiencing this again throughout the rest of their years at Padua

Olivia B. '21, Reporter

What grade are you in?

• I’m a Freshman at Padua

What is your favorite food?

• My favorite food that I could eat every day is Chinese food.

What is your favorite type of music?

• I don’t really have a favorite genre. I like anything that comes on the radio.

Why are you taking journalism?

• I’m taking Journalism because I want to improve my writing also because I have never taken a class like this so I thought something different would be fun.

What is the best advice you have ever received?

• The best advice that I have ever received is to always be friendly.
  • Student News

Service Opportunities to Consider for Your Next Visit

• Tree Trim

Student News

Padua: 1961 is not so different than 2018

• Tree Trim

Student News

Easing Back into School

• Tree Trim

Spirituality & Service

A Closer Look Into the New Chapel

• Tree Trim

Student News

Many Pieces at Peace

• Tree Trim

Members of the Padua Dance Team Share Their Experiences

• Tree Trim

Student News

First Community Homeroom of the Year

• Tree Trim

Multimedia

Suicide Prevention at Padua: Starting the Conversation

• Tree Trim

Student News

Flashback to the Friday Dance

• Tree Trim

Student News

Why Is Convocation Important

Tree Trim