An Unforgettable Spring Break

Students in front of Cambridge  University

Students in front of Cambridge University

Olive D. '19, Editor

“When I heard that there was an England trip I knew that this was my opportunity to travel and learn more about the world. Getting to travel at a young age, I think, is an amazing experience because you learn so many life lessons and tips while getting to be cultured” said senior, Brighid Brennan.

High school is one of the best times to explore and try new things before it is too late and this year Padua offered juniors and seniors the chance to travel to England over spring break. “I realized that this would be one of the last things I would be able to do at Padua and I thought it would be the perfect way to spend my spring break” said senior, Lucy Sheetz

Students take a picture in front of Oxford University

They arrived in London on April 21st and returned on the 29th. The first four days students, along with Mr. Stinchcombe, Ms. Davis, and Ms. Talbot, stayed in London. Majority of this time was spent doing the typical tourist things: they saw the London Tower, Big Ben, Parliament buildings, the London eye, the Royal Jewels, the Brontë’s House, Shakespeare’s Globe Theater, Changing of the guards, and of course tasted all different types of English food.

They had the opportunity to visit two prestigious universities in England, Oxford and Cambridge, which was senior Felicia Terinoni’s favorite part. She said, “seeing the beautiful architecture of the campuses and the amazing chapels that each school holds was an amazing experience.”

Brennan, Sheetz, and Terinoni all could not contain their excitement while describing one of the most fun parts of the trip:the Warner Bros Studios and seeing where Harry Potter was filmed as well as the original sets, props and costumes. 

travel while you can now because when you grow up you don’t know how accessible or easy it will be to go out and see the world. Take each moment you are anywhere and appreciate it”

— Brighid Brennan

After their time in London they visited more rural areas in England. Brennan said, “We saw the countryside and it was absolutely stunning. The free roaming cattle and the little villages that were in the middle of nothing felt to simple yet so refreshing.”

Although Padua does not always offer the same destinations twice, this trip was one that when asked Brennan, Sheetz, and Terinoni would highly recommend. For future students thinking of traveling Brennan said, “I would tell them to travel while you can now because when you grow up you don’t know how accessible or easy it will be to go out and see the world. Take each moment you are anywhere and appreciate it.”

Tower Bridge

Terinoni said, “The trip was one hundred percent worth it and I would go back right now if I could! It gave me an opportunity to get close with girls I haven’t talked much too and created memories I will never forget. Not only did I get to see such a beautiful country but I learned so much on my journey and in the end the jet lag is always worth it.”

Olive D. '19, Editor

Olive Twum-Danso is a senior at Padua. She has been here all 4 years and enjoys it here. She has been running track since freshman year. Olive likes going...

• An Unforgettable Spring Break

Student News

Dancing Through the Final School Days

• An Unforgettable Spring Break

Juniors Elected for Student Council Executive Officer

• An Unforgettable Spring Break

Student News

Fourth Year of Sophomore Service

• An Unforgettable Spring Break

Student News

105 Years of Marches on Washington

• An Unforgettable Spring Break

Student News

Editor-in-Chief Stella White Named Journalist of the Year

• An Unforgettable Spring Break

Padua Students Showcase Their Talents at Evening of the Arts

• An Unforgettable Spring Break

Student News

Dr. McClory Named as New Principal

• An Unforgettable Spring Break

Immaculée Ilibagiza, Rwandan Genocide Survivor, Tells Story of Faith and Forgiveness

• An Unforgettable Spring Break

As Mrs. Mann Parts Ways With Padua, Hopes and Questions Emerge

• An Unforgettable Spring Break

Student News

Rebecca Gao: Astounding Artist

An Unforgettable Spring Break