Fall Festivities

Mackenzie S. '22, Reporter

Fall Festivities

The leaves are changing, the temperature is dropping and the football season is starting. Fall is coming and people are excited to get into the season. “I’m excited for the cold weather because I love sweatshirt,” one student said.

The colorful leaves are falling off the trees. The red, yellow, and orange blend beautifully with the cool weather. Take time out of your day to walk and let these leaves crunch under your feet while you enjoy the fall breeze.

Picking pumpkins is a great fall activity. Ramsey’s Farm, Linvilla Orchards, and Milburn Orchards have many fall activities you can enjoy with friends like picking out a big pumpkin to carve. Or maybe just picking a pumpkin to put on your doorstep as a decoration. Carving pumpkins isn’t the only activity you can do with them. You can make pumpkin pie or roast pumpkin seeds.

While on the topic of food, apple picking is another activity you and your friends or family can enjoy. You can go to Ramsey’s Farm and pick fresh apples. With the apples you pick you can get some caramel and make delicious caramel apples to help get into the season.

Football games will really get you in the fall mood. It’s always chilly and that means sweatshirts and sweaters! It is the best time to get warm and comfy and a great way to support Sallies. The games are a wonderful way to make new friends too.

Go out and enjoy fall!

Mackenzie S. '22, Reporter

Mackenzie, a freshman at Padua, is ready to run this new school year until the finish line. When Mackenzie witnessed the sisterhood and the love Mrs. Mann had for all her girls she immediately fell in love. She chose to attend Padua because of the amazing XC team and is currently on the team and enjoys every second of it.

She has been running for most of her life. At her old school, Holy Cross, she was the only runner on her XC team. Now that she has experienced being on Padua XC, she loves having the team to motivate her and test her ability. She plans on running both indoor and spring track as well. Mackenzie has set many goals for herself while on the team and is determined to accomplish them by the end of the XC season.

Mackenzie, describing herself as adventurous, says she hopes to go to Greece one day because her favorite movie, Mamma Mia, was based there. She also spends a lot of time at the beach. In her free time she loves to hang out with her friends and is excited to make many more during her years at Padua. She takes a variety of classes this year, ranging from World Civilizations, her favorite, to math, her least. Additionally, she likes journalism and took the class because she likes reading the fun news stories on Snapchat, and when she shadowed, her student ambassador took the class and she wanted to try it out. Although freshman year is harder than she expected, she is still excited to see what the year brings and is looking forward to the XC season, achieving her goals, and ending the season on a good run.

• Fall Festivities

Inside Scoop on Fashion Week 2018

• Fall Festivities

Healthy Summer Food Hotspots

• Fall Festivities

AP Study Day

• Fall Festivities

History of Blue Gold

• Fall Festivities

Art of the Zoo

• A&E

The Philly Zoo Experience

• Fall Festivities

Snapchat Fans Responding Very Strongly to the Most Recent Update

• Fall Festivities

This Is Us: THE BIG REVEAL

• Fall Festivities

SALSthon 2018 partnership with CHILD Inc.

• Fall Festivities

Ava’s Top 5 Winterball Dresses

Fall Festivities