Alum, Laura Fay Visits Multimedia Journalism Class

Alum%2C+Laura+Fay+Visits+Multimedia+Journalism+Class++

Padua Class of 2011 graduate, Laura Fay, visited Mr. Beno’s Multimedia Journalism class on October 14 to speak about her experience at University of Scranton. Along with continuing to run cross-country, as she did at Padua, Fay is a double major who will graduate with both a Journalism and Electronic Media degree and a Philosophy degree. Fay’s talent in journalism and determination to ultimately pursue a career in the field has allowed her to become the Editor-in-Chief of the Aquinas, the only student newspaper at the University of Scranton.

Multimedia Journalism students interviewed Laura about her collegiate experience as well as the influence of her Padua experiences. Fay acknowledged the changing status of the media from print sources to online sources. “I think the field is changing fast so students need to learn to adapt and be flexible rather than be skills-specific to one certain medium,” explained Fay.  Fay was also able to reflect on how Padua’s rigorous schedule influenced her to pursue challenging courses throughout college. She recognized the strength of Padua’s writing program and how the school was able to create a secure foundation on which she was able to build in college.