Top 10 Horror Movies According to Padua Students

The clown Pennywise from the horror movie IT.

Christina M. '18, Reporter

Seven Padua seniors were asked what their top 10 favorite horror movies were. More than half said the 2013 film The Conjuring was their top choice because of it’s intriguing backstory. Almost all the people that were interviewed said the 2011 film Insidious was their second choice because of the captivating idea of lucid dreaming. The rest of the list consists of some of the most infamous horror movies in the history of cinema.

1. The Conjuring After a family of five, the Perrons, move to an isolated farmhouse, they begin to experience paranormal presences. Soon after, the Perrons contact supernatural examiners Ed and Lorraine Warren to figure out what is going on inside of their house.
  2. InsidiousWhen a couple’s son gets injured and put into a coma, strange things start happening. A team of ghost hunters is brought in to investigate the incident to see if it relates paranormal activity.
  3. IT (2017)Every 27 years in Derry, Maine, an evil entity surfaces from a sewer to terrorize children. Seven children, who are the main characters, come together in order to conquer this evil entity: the clown, Pennywise.
  4. ScreamA killer is in the midst of the small town of Woodsboro. The killer first terrorizes his victims with threatening phone calls, before brutally murdering them. As the movie progresses, the motive for his killing is revealed.
  5. Don’t BreatheFollowing the death of his child, a blind veteran has gained a great deal of money. Three thieves break into the man’s house to steal the money, but that was not a good idea; they get stuck in the man’s house and have to fight to stay alive.
  6. The BoyA nanny named Greta takes a job babysitting for an English family. She finds that the boy she will be babysitting is actually a doll, which the family uses as a coping mechanism for their actual son that they had lost many years prior. Many strange things start happening as a result of Greta taking this job.
  7. Annabelle (Creation)After a nun and a few orphaned girls begin living with late toy maker Sam Mullins and wife Esther, bad things start happening. One of the orphans finds a doll that appears to be alive. Following this discovery, the spirit that lives within the doll terrorizes the girls.
  8. The Blair Witch ProjectThe story is told through “found-footage” of three film students making a documentary about the infamous Blair Witch killer. As they continue investigating, they find themselves lost in the woods, only to begin hearing frightening sounds.
  9. Poltergeist (1982)A large California family, the Freelings, begin experiencing ghost communication through the television. Following the disappearance of one of the Freelings’ daughters, the family decides to take drastic measures and bring in a professional to analyze it all and exorcise the apparition.
  10. Children of the CornAfter a couple stumbles across a murdered boy’s body in the middle of the road, they find a town of children. Not long after, the couple has to escape the children who want to give them up as a sacrifice to the demon they worship.

• Top 10 Horror Movies According to Padua Students

Student News

Do Students Get Enough Sleep?

Top Stories

APS Puzzle Board – Individual pieces make the puzzle complete

Freshmen Review of Halloweek

Freshmen KILLING it on Varsity Volleyball

Padua Halloween Costumes 2018

Opinion/Review

The Reality of ‘Never Again’

Steve Coll Discusses ‘Fake News’

Spirituality & Service

A Closer Look Into the New Chapel

Multimedia

Suicide Prevention at Padua: Starting the Conversation

Student News

Flashback to the Friday Dance