Flashback to the Friday Dance

Students enjoying the music at Flashback Friday.

Padua Academy

Padua Academy

Esosa E. '22, Reporter

The Flashback Dance took place on Friday, September 28th from 7 to 10 pm at Padua. The dance was decade themed, and students were invited to dress from any decade they please.

After school, student council set up the gym and cafe to prepare. Alexis Rabinovitch, a freshman homeroom representative, said, “We decorated for about an hour in total. We set up the inflatables and mini games in the gym and decorations like streamers in the gym and cafe. We did not do that much decoration in the cafe, but we set up the DJ station and food.” There were a variety of snacks such as chips, cookies, granola bars, candy, and water. “We had every student council member bring in one or two items like chips and cookies,” Rabinovitch said.

Student council executive officer Maureen Haffey said, “We decided to have a dance because we wanted a new event to get students excited for the year, and we wanted both Padua and Sallies students to be able to have a fun, laid-back Friday night event,” The theme was planned from a list made by student council and the decision of a decade seemed to be best fit. “We thought this would be fun for everyone, and allow for a variety of different decorations and music,” said Haffey. “Therefore, we thought this would get students more involved since they had many different looks to choose from, and they would be able to choose which decade they wanted to flashback to!”

The dance had a good turnout and the students were presented with the chance to get to know each other. “It was a good time to bond with my sisters,” said freshman Emily Hamm.

Esosa E. '22, Reporter

Esosa is a freshman at Padua. Born in London with Nigerian parents, she is undoubtedly an interesting person to talk to. Esosa loves her Honors Introduction to Literature class with Mr. Cross, and hopes to improve her writing skills by taking journalism this year.

Fresh from Christ the Teacher, Esosa has already made many friends here at Padua and looks forward to getting to know more people. “We have the same humor and same classes, so it’s easy to talk to my old and new friends,” she says.

Esosa has three siblings, and will soon be moving to a new house where she will hopefully get her first dog (specifically a goberian—a husky mixed with a golden retriever). She plays basketball, and is an aspiring doctor… or maybe a musician—stay tuned.

• Flashback to the Friday Dance

Student News

Easing Back into School

• Flashback to the Friday Dance

Spirituality & Service

A Closer Look Into the New Chapel

• Flashback to the Friday Dance

Student News

Many Pieces at Peace

• Flashback to the Friday Dance

Members of the Padua Dance Team Share Their Experiences

• Flashback to the Friday Dance

Student News

First Community Homeroom of the Year

• Flashback to the Friday Dance

Multimedia

Suicide Prevention at Padua: Starting the Conversation

• Flashback to the Friday Dance

Student News

Why Is Convocation Important

• Flashback to the Friday Dance

Sports

Fall Athlete Profiles

• Flashback to the Friday Dance

Student News

History of the Salesian Exchange Program

• Flashback to the Friday Dance

Meg Doyle: A Voice For the Students

Flashback to the Friday Dance