MENU

Activities Fair: New Year, New You!

Lauren M. '19, Reporter

On September 21st and 22nd, the Café was buzzing. Students were milling around looking for clubs to join at Padua’s annual Activities Fair. This is when students are able to discover a bit of themselves and what they might want to pursue by participating in activities they enjoy. The Activities Fair is also a great opportunity for all students to get to meet new people and develop strong friendships. There are over 30 clubs to choose from this year such as Anime & Asian Culture, Blue Gold, Design Internship, Literature Magazine, Model UN, Poetry Out Loud, and Robotics.

Sophomores, juniors, and seniors are encouraged to participate for one club, but it is not mandatory, however freshmen were required to sign up for one club and are encouraged to choose two. It might not be possible to get in to all the clubs you are interested due to limited space, but this did not faze some of the freshmen, who signed up for as many as six clubs.

“I couldn’t help myself,” freshman Kayleigh Glavin exclaimed. “They all looked so interesting. I had to stop myself from signing up for more. I’m so excited!”  

Freshman Rachel Henry agreed and also chimed in, “I think participating in a bunch of clubs is a super fun way to get involved with the school. I want to be a lawyer when I grow up and joining Mock Trial is a great way to experience what it’s like.”

The Activities Fair is a way to become a part of the school, try new things, help your community, and discover a bit about yourself. All students are encouraged to participate in a club. Each club has at least one moderator and each member will be emailed the schedule for club meetings that are held during flex, but they’ll also be found on the flex schedule that’s emailed weekly. With a wide variety of activities to choose from, everyone has the opportunity to find something that they will enjoy this school year.

• Activities Fair: New Year, New You!

Student News

A Look into AP Lang

• Activities Fair: New Year, New You!

Photo Gallery

Closing Liturgy 2018

• Activities Fair: New Year, New You!

Student News

Extreme Makeover: Padua Bathroom Edition

• Activities Fair: New Year, New You!

Student News

Padua Parking App

• Activities Fair: New Year, New You!

Student News

Padua Pedometer Challenge

• Activities Fair: New Year, New You!

Student News

Bye, Bye Bottle!

• Activities Fair: New Year, New You!

Student News

Panda Patio

• Activities Fair: New Year, New You!

Student News

First Annual APS Padua Project

• Activities Fair: New Year, New You!

Photo Gallery

Junior Prom 2018

• Activities Fair: New Year, New You!

Student News

From Derry to the World: Roma Downey