Candy Gram Sales

Pinterest

Ava R. '19, Reporter

Christmas is just around the corner! It is a perfect time to reach out to those to show you care about them. From December 6th-13th, Candy Grams will be sold in the cafeteria during lunches for $1.00.

Candy Gram sales have been a tradition within the Padua and Salesianum community for more than 25 years. This tradition occurs each year during Christmas and Valentines Day.

Both schools always enjoy participating. Junior Emma Julian said, “I like participating in sending candy grams to my guy friends over at Sallies because it is fun and enjoyable to get into the Christmas spirit”. It is a great way to reach out to old elementary friends or sweethearts in a fun and silly way. Candy Grams are designed to be a friendship builder and have a lot of meaning behind them. Ms. Grugan, a teacher at Padua, shared one of her Candy Gram stories saying “My neighbor that lives across the street from the house I grew up in has been a teacher at Sallies for the past 37 years and had just retired this year. When I was a student at Padua he would always send me a Candy Gram and sign it with his house number. When I started teaching at Padua, 10 years after I graduated, he started sending them to me again! I loved that.”

Not only do they bring laughs and smiles, Candy Grams also help to raise awareness. The S.A.D.D organization is in charge of the Candy Grams and it is the only fundraiser they have. This organization is very important and is very serious about raising awareness to the issue of distracted driving and seat belts. Each small donation counts to make a big difference, helping to save lives without even knowing it. “I think Candy Grams are a good way to connect with old friends and it goes towards a good cause. I participate every year!”, said Junior Claudia Carr.

By contributing to a good cause in a fun and enjoyable way, Candy Grams are a perfect treat designed to bring together both school communities sparking the Christmas spirit. Send yours today!

Ava R. '19, Editor

Ava Rudawsky is a senior at Padua Academy. She ran track sophomore year and participated in cheer for two years. Ava has traveled to many places including...

• Candy Gram Sales

Uber Murder Raises Questions About Safety

• Candy Gram Sales

The Evolution of Entertainment Viewing

• Candy Gram Sales

Freddy’s Steakburgers Franchise Owner Gives Students Inside Scoop to the Business World

• Candy Gram Sales

French Teachers Invite Students to Celebrate and Create Art

• Candy Gram Sales

Painting a Picture of Self-Expression

• Candy Gram Sales

Kelsy Karter’s Tattoo Stunt: An Ingenious Marketing Strategy

• Candy Gram Sales

Padua and Salesianum Theater: A Balancing Act

• Candy Gram Sales

A Successful Spaghetti Dinner

• Candy Gram Sales

“Bandersnatch”: A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure That May Leave You Wanting More

• Candy Gram Sales

Bird Box Challenge Results in Injuries

Candy Gram Sales